I Can Say Now

 I can say now what I have always wanted to say.  My 91 year old mom is the best.  She probably supported me on many other of my journeys, but I was too selfish to see.  Once I realized she has always done the best she could even though I could not see it, we started actually having a relationship - at 68 and 91 it is right on time.

She is all in on this trip. It brings great joy to my heart. As if  that alone is not enough, we were talking on a recent visit, and I was sharing about my next purchase that I was not going to short cut on.  My refrigerator for the trip will be a Yeti cooler (price $400).  I was struggling to see how I could manage that before the next paycheck.

Without much a pause, she said, “John, would you let me get that for you.”  

After being challenged by a brother in another program I am in to let people have their blessings like my Sunday School class who wanted to get me something and I had said no - 

I said, “Mom, I am going to let you have that blessing.”The next morning we went and got it.  We had looked at the day before and it was blue my favorite color instead of that baby puke brown.  

I got it home and meanwhile she had called the True Value to make sure it had a drain plug.  She called me to see I had found it - I never looked.  She made me look all around.  I did not see it. 

Then she said they said, “It should be on the right side.”

 I looked and sure enough it was there.  I opened it, and ice from 10 days earlier was still cold!

Comments

Popular Posts