Driving into the all engulfing South Dakota horizon- Sioux Falls toward Rapid City

Drove three hours into the horizon I-90 toward Rapid City

 I will always remember the majesty of riding into the sun with no radio or podcasts or TV - just me, Trooper, Milk and the road.  Enough said.

When I awoke yesterday and did my prayers stretches pushups breakfast and a meeting, I was still listening for a nudge from the Spirit - stay another night or go.  When walking out of the meeting it came, it was 25 and I would probable stay in and blog, Go.  I packed and left.  

Caleb, Maria and Chase

This young couple from Searcy AK were making a 18 trip to North Dakota to see her grandmother for her 22nd birthday. I love to meet families who keep on keeping on with each other. I met another couple at breakfast close to my age she was a retired school superintendent and he a retired industrial arts teacher. They came from middle South Dakota to see their daughter and grandkids. The young couple said they hoped to do what I am doing one day.  

“If it makes you feel better, I envy your no schedule; I have to be back Monday.’ Caleb said as they left to pack up to see Grandma.

And bid adieu to my new friend.


While in Sioux City, I went to the Falls, of course, and saw this beautiful rock which I read on the plague was Sioux Quartzite. Then all the old buildings and the George McGovern library in Mitchell used it for construction. It was even in the pavement.

If you go to the Falls make sure you see the lower portion to get the full effect. Of course , with this long drought they were less than spectacular in terms of water. 








Look closely and see the effect of the same plains wind that blew my tent across and down the road in Salem, NE



Between a rock and a hard place




Comments

Popular Posts