Morning University



Betty not pictured.

The very first day I came to Independence, Kansas I had just slept at the campground at Big Hill. When I came to town I stopped at McDonald’s for senior coffee. 

After a while, this good looking group asked me to join them, They said the only thing is you will need to be Republicans.

“I am a Democrat - not a belligerent one, but I guess I will have to stay here.”

“Aww, we are just kidding.”

I sat down and came everyday for over a week before I bolted to Nebraska and beyond.

I have lived my whole life and never had such a group of daily friends who really care about my well-being even though I may only be the fourth Democrat in Kansas. I have had individuals, but never a group.

The one I consider the leader called and checked on me.  And he is going to M.D. Anderson at the end of the month for stage four cancer. We will all continue to pray for him. 

Thank you for introducting me to Morning University and accepting me as a student of life.

Come and join us from 7 a.m. until one morning, and I will introduce you to my new friends.

Comments

Popular Posts