Kansas lends a helping hand

Those who know me well are aware that I am bad about loosing things important (understatement of the year) - truck keys, wallet and cell phone. I am on my third phone number in as many years due to lost phones.  I have replaced my license five times and my credit card nine in the last five years.

Before I left on my trip I lost my keys. (Read It was there all along).  Then I kept up with everything for twenty four days.  Hooray.  Then I lost my wallet and after two days called to cancel and to get a new one.  My bank had something called Visa 911 and they said I would get a new one in 24-74 hours. After no receipt I called my green line on five different occasions and they could not trace when I would get it and I gave up and ordered a new one to be over nighted at a 25 dollar fee.  The next day I found my wallet with my now cancelled card.  I cleaned my seemingly clutter pack truck to no avail.  I had been putting my wallet in a pocket in my path very successfully.but I then found it in a different pocket in my pack.  It was there all along seems to be the theme of my trip..  The next day I got my new card in the mail five days later.

In the time with six dollars in my name the kind lady, Brenda who tends the entry gate and lives with her husband in a fifth wheel by the gate. Asked to see me outside after I tried every conceivable way to pay for my stay. She smiled and gave me twenty. An angel. I will repay her double.

After my dear friend who was my wife for 42 years western unioned me money. I took care of another site I owed, got gas and some groceries. I still had money left and went to a restaurant to treat myself after cooking for 24 days. 



The waittress brought the menu and the ribeye I wanted was 38 dollars.  When she came back I said I have bad news just give me the jalapeno poppers.  I had told her of my journey of a lifetime. Without hesitation she said I will pay for your dinner I just got paid. What I said in disbelief. Get what you want - I really wanted a ribeye I said - she said go ahead and get the poppers too if you want.  I enjoyed a wonderful meal that lasted me two other meals since I am on a diet. Wow. Another angel. I will repay her double. 

Yesterday I had an 80 year old couple except my offer on their house (that they do not live in).  When they heard I was in a tent and winter was close. They said I could stay on their air mattress in their living room until the tenant moved out of the house. (They have two bedrooms - one they use and the other is used for something else).  Wow other angels. I am not sure how I will pay them double but am sure the God of my understanding will (after all he had guided me thus far on my journey and even told me what to offer on the house! and they accepted in the next day!)

Comments

Popular Posts