Back to Blogging

I woke up as usual at 5 and very chilly and talked myself out of my warm sleeping to fumble through getting on my pants and coat in the dark since the battery for my flashlight died. Of course I have two fans with lights in the truck.  One of the things I have learned about living in a tent - keep a light handy other than the flashlight on the phone.  

The other thing I have learned is prepare the coffee in advance. The other night I did not and had to clean out the oatmeal in the only pot I have in the dark. Then measure out the coffee in my press before I did my prayers and meditations. Today I did the same except everything was prepared and all I had to do is boil water - since I learned as a boy that a watched pot never boils - I did all my prayers and stretches and pushups while it boiled.  Still being dark, I thought my eyes had adjusted and I held the press in one hand and poured the hot water from other. Bad idea. I overshot and scolded my right hand. I used my carefully prepared first aid kit (free with purchase of three items that went in it) and sprayed bactine on it. After I figured out the fancy lock system on it.  Relief!

I kept my peace and serenity because I had prayed first and Orion was so near and clear in the sky that I could have shaken hands with him.  And from then until now everything seemed to whisper with the Spirit of the Universe - the pre-sunrise across the broad Kansas sky, the skeletal trees stretching out their tentacled arms, the rolling grass, the gray road split with a faint yellow stripe, the light at Eggberts welcoming me in, and the good eggs (the T shirts of the staff say we are the good eggs) staff at the breakfast staff.  I think I will live all day like this - seeing the Light of the Spirit in everything and everyone. 

Since last I made a post, the new John has been savoring each moment, each sunrise and sunset, each new person at the next coffee shop and libraries and librarians and on. So much so that I have completed neglected blogging. Hopefully my one or two followers have enjoyed life as much as I am. Kansas has won my heart as did Hardy, Arkansas.  This is my tenth day here.

Right now I am at Eggbert’s, a pretty good diner chain, I have been to the one in Coffeeville and now I am in Independence. Here is the wait staff that has let me eat and set up shop for two hours now.


It took a while to gather them up with those inconveniences like customers and vanity. Thank you all for making me at feel at home.(You can see the only male on staff’s head in the background).



Comments

Popular Posts